Monday, 7 July 2008

my favourite songs

Im already there

He called her on the road
From a lonely cold hotel room
Just to hear her say I love you one more time
But when he heard the sound
Of the kids laughing in the background
He had to wipe away a tear from his eye
A little voice came on the phone
Said daddy when you coming home
He said the first thing that came to his mind

Im already there
Take a look around
Im the sunshine in your hair
Im the shadow on the ground
Im the whisper in the wind
Im your imaginary friend
And I know Im in your prayers
Oh Im already there
She got back on the phone
Said I really miss you darling
Dont worry about the kids theyll be alright
Wish I was in your arms
Lying right there beside you
But I know that Ill be in your dreams tonight
And Ill gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my fingertips
So turn out the light and close your eyes

Im already there
Dont make a sound
Im the beat in your heart
Im the moonlight shining down
Im the whisper in the wind
And Ill be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh Im already there
We may be a thousand miles apart
But Ill be with you wherever you are
Im already there
Take a look around
Im the sunshine in your hair
Im the shadow on the ground
Im the whisper in the wind
And Ill be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh Im already there
Oh Im alreadyThere

what hurts the most

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and jus' let 'em out
I'm not afraid to cry
Ev'ry once
In a while
Even though
Goin' on
With you gone
Still upsets me
There are days
Ev'ry now
And again
I pretend
I'm okay
But that's not what gets me


What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say (much to say)
And watching you walk away (away)
Never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do


It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you ev'rywhere I go
But I'm doin' it
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone

Still harder
Getting up
Getting dressed
Living with
This regret
But I know
If I could do it over
I would trade
Give away
All the words
That I saved
In my heart
That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say (much to say)
And watching you walk away (away)
Never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin'... to do, ohhhh
Ohhhh yeah

I'm not afraid to cry
Ev'ry once
In a while
Even though
Goin' on
With you gone
Still upsets me
There are days
Ev'ry now
And again
I pretend
I'm okay
But that's not what gets me

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say (much to say)
And watching you walk away (away)
Never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do

What hurts the most (What hurts the most)
Is being so close
And having so much to say (much to say)
And watching you walk away (you walk away)
Never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do


No comments: